ARE YOU ANXIOUS TO DRIVE?
SCTI offers the STATE REQUIRED (F.S.322.095) TRAFFIC LAW SUBSTANCE ABUSE EDUCATION course for first-time drivers. The course is available online or in a classroom setting.
- This four-hour course provides information about drugs, alcohol and traffic that every new driver should know.
- Instruction is enhanced with multimedia materials.
- A state certified teacher facilitates learning and helps to alleviate any anxieties of a new driver.
The S.T.A.R.T. course is provided to SCTI by Driver Training Associates under authority of The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and covers Florida laws relating to drug and alcohol use while driving a motor vehicle. The information assists the student in avoiding injury or untimely death and the embarrassment resulting from a DUI arrest.
Classes are available several times a month on the SCTI campus. Contact the Driver Improvement registration office for locations and times or for more information by calling...
- 941-924-1365 x 62277 from Sarasota
- 941-486-2164 from Venice
- 941-473-4766 x62277 from North Port (Toll free)
The fee for the course is $25.
- Register over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Pay in person with cash or credit card at the SCTI Main Campus - in Building 3 (corner of Beneva and Proctor Roads) or at SCTI/ South campus located at 1130 Indian Hills Boulevard, just off of Jacaranda Boulevard in Venice.
This course is also available online.
CLICK HERE to register.
The Safe Driver/Driver Improvement program is a service of SCTI and the School Board of Sarasota. County, FL.
Last updated: 8/30/2013 10:14:12 AM