The length of the basic recruit program is 770 hours or about 20 weeks.
ADMISSIONS INFORMATION & PROCESS
Applicants must be 19 years old on the graduation date. Self sponsored applicants must complete and submit the following:
- SCJA Registration Card
- Personal History Form completed and notarized
- Two passport-type photos
- SCJA Live-Scan Fingerprinting Processing for background check
- Polygraph examination
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Physician’s clearance form for Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- Physical Fitness Assessment, CJSTC Form 75B
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of high school diploma and any college degree(s) with transcripts
- Military Discharge Form DD-214
- Applicant Release Form Notarized
- Copy of Florida Drivers License
- Drug Use Guideline Acknowledgement
Self-sponsored applicants will be considered based upon scores from the following:
- Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
- Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT-Law Enforcement) with a minimum passing score of 79%.
Click here to view a tutorial titled "CJBAT Test Preparation for Law Enforcement Officer and Correction Officer Candidates." sponsored by I/O Solutions, inc. 2010.
- Oral Board
Agency sponsored students must pass the CJBAT-Law Enforcement, with a minimum score of 79% and complete their paperwork with an agency, which includes a background investigation.
This program is scheduled twice a year. The next Basic Recruit Law Enforcement class will start...
HOW TO REGISTER
Call an SCTI counselor at (941) 924-1365 x62286.
The 126th Law Enforcement Officer academy January 5, 2015
Click here for important dates for the January 2015 training!
Please contact a SCTI Guidance Counselor at (941) 924-1365 ext. 62286.
The Sarasota Criminal Justice Academy (SCJA), located on the SCTI campus, offers the Basic Law Enforcement Officer Recruit certification program, which prepares you for employment as an entry-level law enforcement officer. The program...
- Meets the requirements of the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC).
- Utilizes standards developed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and adopted by CJSTC.
You can be sponsored by an employing agency (sheriff's office, police department, etc) or apply for direct admission (must complete and pass an application screening process - see entrance requirements on the right).
Florida Law Enforcement academy
|Course code||Course title||Hours |
||Introduction to Law Enforcement
||Interactions in a Diverse Community
||Interviewing and Report Writing
||Fundamentals of Patrol
||Calls for Service
||Crime Scene to Courtroom
||DUI Traffic Stops
||Traffic Crash Investigations
||CMS Law Enf. Vehicle Operations
||CMS First Aid for Criminal Justice Officers
||CMS Criminal Justice Firearms
||CMS Crim. Justice Defensive Tactics
||Dart-firing Stun Gun
||Criminal Justice Officer Physical Fitness
||Total Program Hours
Law Enforcement officer books & supplies
Last updated: 8/17/2014 8:01:47 AM