Transferring between SCTI programs
This process is for a student, parent, teacher or administrator to follow in requesting the transfer of a student between programs. Information is reviewed in a manner that results in an equitable disposition for the transfer request. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests are submitted in writing or verbally to a guidance counselor.
- Additional information is gathered from those involved which can include the "sending" teacher or administrator and/or parent or guardian when appropriate.
- Any special circumstances or hardships are identified by the counselor.
- Information is shared with the assistant director of the "receiving" program, who determines if there is room in the program, time within the term to complete and the student's potential for success.
- Common curriculum elements of the two programs are reviewed and the student's skills are tested in order to receive credit or advanced placement in the "receiving" program.
Students meeting program criteria who request a change in technical programs within the first five days of the start of the quarter are placed on a space-available basis and do not need to follow the process through the assistant director.
Transferring between Schools
As a postsecondary institution, the Sarasota County Technical Institute is part of Florida’s statewide course numbering system. The major purpose of this system is to facilitate the transfer of courses among participating institutions. Transfer students from outside the school are admitted at their current level of competency upon demonstration and/or documentation of previously mastered levels.
Last updated: 3/31/2009 11:59:17 AM