Since 1974, the ESOL program has provided instruction for students with limited English proficiency in Sarasota County.
- More than 2,000 students attend classes annually and represent over 70 countries and speak more than 30 different languages.
- Educational backgrounds range from pre-literacy to doctoral levels.
- Student ages vary from 16 to over 80 years old.
For new Americans, English fluency is key to entering and succeeding in the workforce. The SCTI ESOL program helps...
- Build reading, writing, comprehension and speaking skills
- Develop workforce preparation skills such as filling out job application forms and getting ready for job interviews
- Increase understanding of job-specific vocabulary
Classes are offered on several levels from foundations through advanced. All entering students participate in an assessment that helps determine placement in the appropriate instructional level. Retests are taken at regular intervals to measure progress. Click here for more information.
Students may transfer between day and evening classes and between locations provided that space is available. Click here for DAYTIME and EVENING locations and schedules.
Last updated: 10/24/2008 6:27:14 AM